Over the past few months, I’ve been spending money like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of change. It’s not that bad, but I’ve been scouring the web for sales and closeouts for the few parts I did need. Once the wheels were finished, I was able to start putting the rest of the bike together. This post is mostly photos since I’ve had requests for pictures of the bike.
I’d post some photos showing how I put the lower race on the fork, but it’s not for those with a weak stomach. All I will say is that someday I should get the appropriate tools for the jobs I do. It all worked out well: the race is properly installed and the fork does not appear to be structurally compromised.
The remainder of the process was dealing with little details like cutting the chain, adjusting the brakes, and other miscellaneous tweaks.
The bike weighs somewhere around 24lbs. It’s hard to say exactly, because all I have is a cheap bathroom scale to weigh it with. I hope the scale is wrong because, if it isn’t, I’ve gained too much weight this winter…but that’s another subject.